A malignant tumor of the glial tissue of the nervous system.
- ‘The malignant gliomas carry the worst prognosis.’
- ‘I had to confirm a bad one: he had a malignant glioma.’
- ‘Meningeal spread is not uncommon in cases of intracranial gliomas or metastatic carcinoma.’
- ‘Malignant brain tumors called gliomas grow and spread into neighboring tissues rapidly.’
- ‘These 10 tumors accounted for 3.5% of the adult supratentorial malignant gliomas in the series.’
Late 19th century: from Greek glia glue + -oma.