One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the shoulder joint.‘elite tennis players were at risk of developing glenohumeral osteoarthritis’
- ‘The largest joint - and the one most often affected by arthritis - is the glenohumeral joint.’
- ‘Frequently, rotator cuff impingement is the source of the pain, but the underlying problem is the excessive glenohumeral translation.’
- ‘The one abnormality that was detected was the range of movement of the glenohumeral joint is somewhat limited.’
- ‘"The scapula is pinned between the bar and the bench, causing the humerus [upper arm bone] to grind into and overload the glenohumeral joint."’
- ‘We strongly suggest caution against aggressive stretching of the anterior and inferior glenohumeral structures as this may result in increased anterior translation.’
Mid 19th century: from glenoid (see glenoid fossa) + humeral.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.