One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an exuberantly or triumphantly joyful manner.‘audiences laughed gleefully’‘politicians gleefully point the finger at each other’
- ‘My uncle gleefully told me about all the different diseases that each different biting thing carried.’
- ‘She trips around the local store, gleefully filling her shopping basket, staring the shop assistant in the eye.’
- ‘In the first two Flash Gordon serials, he had some great scenes and gleefully evil lines.’
- ‘He gets in his car and drives around the country at the taxpayers' expense, and he gleefully enjoys it.’
- ‘She is a riveting Anne Boleyn in prison and a very funny 15-year-old Jane Austen as she pens her own gleefully biased English history.’
- ‘Everyone else gads about the forest, where fairies gleefully meddle with the well-being of mortals.’
- ‘This may be the most gleefully unrealistic action film in the past decade.’
- ‘Two-year-old Pierre was playing gleefully with Jacques' two daughters.’
- ‘It is wonderful to think that a writer so gleefully influenced by American pulp magazines should indeed be recognized as a giant of letters.’
- ‘The scout may devour gleefully a soggy pancake, but an hour later he will be much less enthusiastic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.