One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The hilt and crosspiece were made of a dark metal, and a thin wire wrapped around cross-guard, attaching it to the chain, while the blade was made of a clear glass-like substance.’
- ‘Ice froze in the air, crystallized it into glass-like shards.’
- ‘Its surface polishes to a glass-like finish with a neon luminescence.’
- ‘The unusually fine clay yielded a porcelain china that was translucent with a glass-like finish.’
- ‘The canopy above him seemed to be a transparent, glass-like material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.