One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The two glassless windows appeared to be little more than too wide cracks in the wood, and the tops of roots made the ground around the building look very uneven.’
- ‘Samoan buses are colourful wooden structures with glassless windows mounted on a truck chassis.’
- ‘Minutes later, I'm lounging on my bed and gazing through the glassless windows onto a panorama of paradise.’
- ‘Reaching over, I picked it up, and walked into the glassless phone booth.’
- ‘People leant through the glassless windows watching our browsing.’
- ‘We walk past block after block of colonial stone buildings with 12-foot doorways and elaborate lintels, grillwork balconies, and shuttered, glassless windows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.