One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The glassiness was quickly disappearing and the usual gleam was returning.’
- ‘It's a haunting reverberant sound that, in spite of its cool digital sheen and glassiness, feels natural and inviting.’
- ‘The lustre of inquiring glance faded swiftly into vacant glassiness.’
- ‘The glassiness of earlier CD transfers has been corrected in this High Performance remastering.’
- ‘Indeed, Zack did appear rather out of it, which was evident in the glassiness of his eyes, though he seemed exasperated at Victoria's words, insisting (with a yawn inserted half-way through), ‘I'm fine.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.