One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The glassiness of earlier CD transfers has been corrected in this High Performance remastering.’
- ‘The lustre of inquiring glance faded swiftly into vacant glassiness.’
- ‘Indeed, Zack did appear rather out of it, which was evident in the glassiness of his eyes, though he seemed exasperated at Victoria's words, insisting (with a yawn inserted half-way through), ‘I'm fine.’’
- ‘The glassiness was quickly disappearing and the usual gleam was returning.’
- ‘It's a haunting reverberant sound that, in spite of its cool digital sheen and glassiness, feels natural and inviting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.