One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His face was white, drained, and his eyes stared glassily.’
- ‘Tonight there was a thin sheet of ice stretching glassily across it, and the wind was silent.’
- ‘The former dictator, a palace-dwelling billionaire, was the picture of bedraggled abjectness: mouth forced open, eyes staring glassily.’
- ‘It's not even as if the band is deafening, but everyone's just staring glassily into the middle distance.’
- ‘Between the storms, however, the waters can be glassily calm and very clear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.