One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pouring some water in it, I made her down three glassfuls before taking her up to her room.’
- ‘The waitress returned with a glassful of murky whisky.’
- ‘When I found one I quickly downed a few glassfuls of water within 5 seconds.’
- ‘Myself, I left at about 10.30 pm, having already spotted that the last bottle of red wine in the kitchen only had about one glassful left in it.’
- ‘I drink a large glassful of the juice every day and, hey presto, no more ulcers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.