One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pouring some water in it, I made her down three glassfuls before taking her up to her room.’
- ‘The waitress returned with a glassful of murky whisky.’
- ‘When I found one I quickly downed a few glassfuls of water within 5 seconds.’
- ‘I drink a large glassful of the juice every day and, hey presto, no more ulcers.’
- ‘Myself, I left at about 10.30 pm, having already spotted that the last bottle of red wine in the kitchen only had about one glassful left in it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.