One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for glass lizard
- ‘Their common name, glass lizard or glass snake, is due to their ability, like many lizards, of dropping their tail.’
- ‘As children we called them glass snakes and I often found them in our Orlando backyard where I played and learned to appreciate resident wildlife.’
- ‘Later another tail will grow, but the lost piece will not develop into a new glass snake.’
- ‘Lizards typically have four legs with five toes on each foot, although a few, such as the worm lizard and the so-called glass snake, are limbless, retaining only internal vestiges of legs.’
- ‘Also called the glass snake or legless lizard, the slender glass lizard has a pointed snout, narrow head, and a long cylindrical body with no limbs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.