One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See glass cutter
- ‘A courtly tradition of hard stone and gem carving led to the transfer of those refined skills to glass cutting.’
- ‘Apart from sculpture, Tom also dabbles in furniture design working mainly with metal, though he also specialises in glass cutting and mould making.’
- ‘The Network is currently organising a 10 week training programme in glass cutting, etching and painting.’
- ‘The patent specification illustration shows the cutting wheel set in the end of a handle similar to that previously used for holding a diamond for glass cutting.’
- ‘Accompanied by his mother Margaret, Chris received rapturous applause from all in the complex as he made his way around the factory, also turning his hand to a bit of glass cutting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.