One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is indicated when there is a clear, glairy, stringy fluid vomited, the nausea aggravated by smell of food.’
- ‘Soreness of back of mouth and throat; pain on swallowing or difficult swallowing; coating of glairy mucus on roof of mouth, tonsils and throat; some fever; swelling of affected parts.’
- ‘Synovial membrane is composed of a form of connective tissue, and secretes a glairy fluid resembling the white of egg, named synovia.’
- ‘We use for delicate ornamentation what was once the dwelling of a glairy animal, near relation to the oyster.’
- ‘Vomiting of large masses of dark green bile and mucus; or of large quantities of watery glairy fluid, with watery diarrhoea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.