One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nero's participation in chariot racing, gladiatorial combats, and drama is the subject of the third chapter.’
- ‘Another chance to see the spectacular gladiatorial combat re-enactment by the gladiators of Britannia.’
- ‘Although gladiators were clearly Roman, the values presented in gladiatorial single combat were central to Greek culture as well as to Roman.’
- ‘He took part in gladiatorial contests and also fought wild beasts in the amphitheater.’
- ‘Surrounded by a horseshoe of dazzling white marble terraces it has the appearance of a gladiatorial arena rather than an athletics stadium.’
- ‘The Colosseum was the greatest building in Ancient Rome but much smaller amphitheatres were built in Roman Britain and gladiatorial fights may have occurred in these.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.