One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stop having faith or belief in.‘they weren't about to give up on their heroes so easily’
- ‘My mom was angry at the staff for giving up on me, and she was beyond desperate.’
- ‘In the meantime, Dave just kept plugging away, never losing faith in his ability or giving up on his music.’
- ‘He didn't totally give up on the concept of faith though, he just reinterpreted.’
- ‘We must not give up on what many know in their hearts is the right thing to do.’
- ‘I or most people don't have a problem with peaceful co-existence but that cannot be on the basis of not telling the truth or giving up on our own values.’
- ‘Thank you so much once again for not giving up on her.’
- ‘Is it time for me to give up on what I've learned about how a wedding should be performed?’
- ‘People may eventually give up on sovereign statehood and abandon the institution.’
- ‘You are giving up on the possibility of things changing.’
- ‘Just like giving up on Santa Claus being real, none of us really believe the media is objective anymore, do we?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.