One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Stop having faith or belief in.‘they weren't about to give up on their heroes so easily’
- ‘Just like giving up on Santa Claus being real, none of us really believe the media is objective anymore, do we?’
- ‘In the meantime, Dave just kept plugging away, never losing faith in his ability or giving up on his music.’
- ‘I or most people don't have a problem with peaceful co-existence but that cannot be on the basis of not telling the truth or giving up on our own values.’
- ‘You are giving up on the possibility of things changing.’
- ‘People may eventually give up on sovereign statehood and abandon the institution.’
- ‘We must not give up on what many know in their hearts is the right thing to do.’
- ‘He didn't totally give up on the concept of faith though, he just reinterpreted.’
- ‘My mom was angry at the staff for giving up on me, and she was beyond desperate.’
- ‘Thank you so much once again for not giving up on her.’
- ‘Is it time for me to give up on what I've learned about how a wedding should be performed?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.