One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Look at someone in a way that clearly indicates one's sexual interest in them.‘this blonde was giving me the eye’
- ‘That moment, Jared walked by, giving Tina the eye.’
- ‘I consoled him and over his shoulder I saw the girl giving me the eye.’
- ‘Back upstairs, all those chicks were giving me the eye now, too.’
- ‘Even if they're not checking you out and drooling for you, what harm does it do to feel confident and think they're giving you the eye?’
- ‘Then giving Miles the eye, she added, in a voice that purred - ‘I don't know how I will ever be able to repay you.‘’
- ‘Anyway, we were sitting there and I could see this young girl giving me the eye.’
- ‘Through his mirrored sunglasses Michel could see all the girls giving him the eye.’
- ‘And if he wasn't doing that, he was giving her the eye whenever possible.’
- ‘I just met this guy who seems to be really nice, and seems to be giving me the eye.’
- ‘And I've noticed Nelson's been giving me the eye, if you know what I mean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.