One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Glare at someone.‘a bus driver gave me evils when I paid with a note’
- ‘I had my little sister Marianne in the car with me, so I said, "Stare at him as we drive past; give him the evils!"’
- ‘His mum gave me the evils from her bedroom window.’
- ‘Her little sister (adorable little six year old who keeps falling over and making me laugh) gave me the evils because I was taking her big sis away for the evening.’
- ‘I gave them the evils until they got the message.’
- ‘I sat there and gave her the evils for a few minutes but she never looked up.’
- ‘I still gave her the evils though, even when she boarded the train before ours.’
- ‘She gave me the evils when I looked at her!’
- ‘I gave them the evils so they knew I was angry.’
- ‘And my cat is giving me the evils ’
- ‘Great pics too although they are definitely giving you the evils in that first one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.