One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Glare at someone.‘a bus driver gave me evils when I paid with a note’
- ‘I had my little sister Marianne in the car with me, so I said, "Stare at him as we drive past; give him the evils!"’
- ‘Great pics too although they are definitely giving you the evils in that first one.’
- ‘I gave them the evils until they got the message.’
- ‘I still gave her the evils though, even when she boarded the train before ours.’
- ‘His mum gave me the evils from her bedroom window.’
- ‘Her little sister (adorable little six year old who keeps falling over and making me laugh) gave me the evils because I was taking her big sis away for the evening.’
- ‘And my cat is giving me the evils ’
- ‘I sat there and gave her the evils for a few minutes but she never looked up.’
- ‘I gave them the evils so they knew I was angry.’
- ‘She gave me the evils when I looked at her!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.