One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give information and answer questions formally and in person in court or at an inquiry.
- ‘I presume she gave evidence in response to questions asked of her by the prosecutor.’
- ‘None who gave evidence at the inquiry were ever challenged even though some of them did not know the Jones family.’
- ‘Do they relate to the transactions about which your affidavit gives evidence?’
- ‘They involve each claimant getting into the witness box and giving evidence as to what happened to them.’
- ‘The third parties were not represented but they gave evidence in the Crown Court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.