One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give information and answer questions formally and in person in court or at an inquiry.
- ‘None who gave evidence at the inquiry were ever challenged even though some of them did not know the Jones family.’
- ‘The third parties were not represented but they gave evidence in the Crown Court.’
- ‘I presume she gave evidence in response to questions asked of her by the prosecutor.’
- ‘Do they relate to the transactions about which your affidavit gives evidence?’
- ‘They involve each claimant getting into the witness box and giving evidence as to what happened to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.