One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the Girl Scouts of America or a similar organization of girls that promotes character, outdoor activities, good citizenship, and service to others.
- ‘I was once a Girl Scout, and I had learned to walk, trot, and provide basic care for a horse.’
- ‘When I was in elementary school in Colorado, I was a Brownie and then a Girl Scout until the age of 12 when we moved to Kansas.’
- ‘I was a cheerleader and a Girl Scout and everything.’
- ‘One Girl Scout got sick and was sent to the medical camp.’
- ‘I was a sash-wearing Girl Scout for years, but despite my love of its campfire camaraderie, there was something about the Boy Scouts that always seemed cooler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.