Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A member of the Guide Association.
- ‘I was barely out of bed the next morning when we had a troupe of Girl Guides turn up to look at the house.’
- ‘I remember, when I was about eleven, I went away for the weekend with the Girl Guides.’
- ‘You don't have to be a sports club necessarily, we have had some interest from Girl Guides and Boy Scouts for example, and hopefully there will be some schoolchildren as well.’
- ‘A group of Girl Guides will hold a reunion for its 80th anniversary.’
- ‘As a young girl she was a Girl Guide and Ranger for years.’
Girl Guide/ˈɡərl ˌɡīd/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.