Inflammation of the gums.
- ‘Acute ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent's disease) results from severe infection of the gums and is extremely painful.’
- ‘Gum bleeding is usually caused by gingivitis which is inflammation of the gum margin around the necks of the teeth.’
- ‘Other oral conditions including dental abscesses, caries, gingivitis and oral ulceration (herpetic or bacterial) may occur.’
- ‘This early stage of the disease is called gingivitis.’
- ‘A common periodontal disease is gingivitis - inflammation of the gums characterized by redness, swelling, and sometimes bleeding.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.