One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cloudy, effervescent drink made from a mixture of ginger and syrup.
- ‘Making ginger beer was popular pastime in grandmother's day; many of us remember the explosive brews that left shattered glass littering the kitchen floor.’
- ‘He asks for a ginger beer to drink, and ruffles his thinning hair messily as he ponders each question.’
- ‘Budding ginger beer makers should start brewing now to enter the amateur winemaking and brewing section.’
- ‘The flavour of ginger can be enjoyed in candied ginger, ginger ale, and Jamaican ginger beer.’
- ‘A typical Creole dish is stewed chicken, white rice, red beans, fried plantains, and homemade ginger beer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.