One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A baseball cap that bears a company name or slogan and is given away for publicity purposes.
- ‘The automation of embroidery and the expansion of promotional wearables from T-shirts and gimme caps to executive gifts and goodie bags at golf tourneys changed everything in the last decade, says Moore.’
- ‘The old standby of the promotional headwear market - the six-panel, foam-front, mesh-back gimme cap - is as hot as it's been since its 1970s heyday.’
- ‘He is not convinced about the rebirth of the foam/mesh gimme cap.’
- ‘Stetsons and gimme caps instantly snapped from every head as the crowd rose for the Star-Spangled Banner.’
- ‘It's a good ole boy hardware store but the prices are reasonable and the men with their sagging jeans and creased gimme caps are helpful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.