One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A baseball cap that bears a company name or slogan and is given away for publicity purposes.
- ‘The old standby of the promotional headwear market - the six-panel, foam-front, mesh-back gimme cap - is as hot as it's been since its 1970s heyday.’
- ‘The automation of embroidery and the expansion of promotional wearables from T-shirts and gimme caps to executive gifts and goodie bags at golf tourneys changed everything in the last decade, says Moore.’
- ‘Stetsons and gimme caps instantly snapped from every head as the crowd rose for the Star-Spangled Banner.’
- ‘It's a good ole boy hardware store but the prices are reasonable and the men with their sagging jeans and creased gimme caps are helpful.’
- ‘He is not convinced about the rebirth of the foam/mesh gimme cap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.