Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enormous carnivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, resembling the tyrannosaurs.
- ‘Blanco had successfully used a similar method to estimate the speed of 30 living mammals and the T-rex-like dinosaur Giganotosaurus.’
- ‘With the discovery of Giganotosaurus and related forms, Carnosauria is once again the home of the world's largest terrestrial predators.’
- ‘Allain says Mapusaurus is more closely related to the Argentinian Giganotosaurus than to the African species.’
- ‘He comes face to face with the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
- ‘In the Dinosaur TV Special, Nigel comes face to face with the biggest dinosaur that ever lived, Argentinosauraus, and the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
Modern Latin, from Greek gigas giant + nōton back + sauros lizard.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.