One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous carnivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, resembling the tyrannosaurs.
Genus Giganotosaurus, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- ‘Blanco had successfully used a similar method to estimate the speed of 30 living mammals and the T-rex-like dinosaur Giganotosaurus.’
- ‘Allain says Mapusaurus is more closely related to the Argentinian Giganotosaurus than to the African species.’
- ‘In the Dinosaur TV Special, Nigel comes face to face with the biggest dinosaur that ever lived, Argentinosauraus, and the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
- ‘He comes face to face with the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
- ‘With the discovery of Giganotosaurus and related forms, Carnosauria is once again the home of the world's largest terrestrial predators.’
Modern Latin, from Greek gigas ‘giant’ + nōton ‘back’ + sauros ‘lizard’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.