One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deep-sea squid that is the largest known invertebrate, reaching a length of 59 feet (18 m) or more.
- ‘He was able to shoot a variety of animals, including other species of squid, but the giant squid remained elusive.’
- ‘A rare giant squid - the first to be found off the UK coast for 53 years - is to be put on display, it was announced yesterday.’
- ‘Their latest findings show that giant squids, the largest invertebrates on Earth, live about 14 years or less and tend to live at depths of 125 to 250 meters.’
- ‘It is believed that the giant squid travels at speeds of over 75 miles an hour.’
- ‘The giant squid has always enjoyed a reputation of mythic proportions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.