One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large salamander that is native to North America and eastern Asia.
- ‘It is also similar to the endangered Asian giant salamander, which can grow more than 5 feet long.’
- ‘The closest relative of the Japanese and Chinese giant salamanders is the hellbender of the eastern U.S.’
- ‘Living relatives include the Asian giant salamander, which can grow as big as a small human adult, and the smaller hellbender of North America.’
- ‘You can even see deer, giant salamanders and goats, if lucky.’
- ‘The earliest ones looked like giant salamanders, measuring about four feet long, Hedges said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.