One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large bivalve mollusk that occurs in the tropical Indo-Pacific.
Family Tridacnidae: several species, including Tridacna gigas, which is the largest living shelled mollusk
- ‘We found many beautiful hard corals and a fair number of soft corals and colorful giant clams.’
- ‘The red-plumed tubeworms and giant clams were nowhere to be seen.’
- ‘Here giant clams gape widely, waiting for a meal.’
- ‘The photograph below actually depicts a giant clam, Tridacna, from the south Pacific, but notice the pink encrusting material on the outsides of the shell.’
- ‘Whales, sea turtles, crocodiles, giant clams, manta rays, and dugongs also ply the peninsula's waters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.