One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So far I have been assuming an understanding of ghosts and ghostliness, blithely employing these terms as if they were commonly understood, let alone accepted.’
- ‘Their efforts to make meaningful their cultural memories of their ancestral land often result in crises that awaken them to the ghostliness of their identities as Asian Americans.’
- ‘I took one last glance at the house, torn between its nostalgia and ghostliness, and jogged over to the car kicking up wet sand behind me as I did.’
- ‘A towering perennial, which takes on a stately ghostliness by late autumn, it needs a sheltered spot away from strong winds, which might buffet the stems to breaking point.’
- ‘They are often populated by solitary horses which simultaneously transmit ghostliness and, conversely, surprising weighty presence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.