One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who ends a relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication.‘how can ghosters not know what they are doing when they see the texts, emails, and voicemails piling up?’
- ‘Ben is a self-confessed serial ghoster.’
- ‘Ghosters think they're exempt from all forms of texting etiquette and human decency.’
- ‘The ghoster probably experiences a great deal of guilt about suddenly ignoring a person that they really liked at one point.’
- ‘I understand that, for the ghoster, it's easier to just do nothing.’
- ‘Did the spurned person do something that offended the ghoster?’
- ‘To all you would-be ghosters out there: if you can say hello, you can say goodbye.’
- ‘The hardest part about being ghosted is the fact that you can't deal with the ghoster directly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.