One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who claims to be able to banish ghosts and poltergeists.
- ‘‘So we decided that it was time to call in the ghostbusters,’ she said.’
- ‘‘I prefer the term ‘professional supernatural mediator’, but yes, I'm a ghostbuster.’’
- ‘One year on, she's focused on the job in hand and enjoying a new respect from her fellow ghostbusters.’
- ‘Police ruled out pranksters or pyros, and a whole host of scientists and self-styled ghostbusters are currently researching the problem.’
- ‘The newly-formed Swindon-based team of ghostbusters will be in attendance to record any unusual occurrences.’
- 1.1 A parapsychologist.
2An investigator of tax fraud.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.