One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium to large swift moth, the male of which has white wings.
Family Hepialidae. See swift (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘There are other ghost moths that are larger, which may have an even higher fecundity, but I've found no literature on egg number in these species.’
- ‘It is a ghost moth and said to be common, though it is some years since I have seen one here.’
- ‘This is a photo of a sparrow-sized moth called a ‘ghost moth’.’
- ‘Otherwise, where do I have an opportunity to start to collect live larvae of the ghost moths in USA?’
- ‘Hepialidae (ghost moths or swifts) are, in terms of diversity and distribution, the most successful group of homoneurous primitive moths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.