One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
Genus Ocypode, family Ocypodidae
- ‘At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.’
- ‘As we walked along the shoreline, ghost crabs danced among the trove of shells deposited by the ebbing tide.’
- ‘Examples include territorial defense and foraging behavior of many lizards, birds, rodents, and migratory locomotion in ghost crabs.’
- ‘Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.’
- ‘They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.