One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
Genus Ocypode, family Ocypodidae
- ‘They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.’
- ‘As we walked along the shoreline, ghost crabs danced among the trove of shells deposited by the ebbing tide.’
- ‘Examples include territorial defense and foraging behavior of many lizards, birds, rodents, and migratory locomotion in ghost crabs.’
- ‘At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.’
- ‘Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.