Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
- ‘They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.’
- ‘As we walked along the shoreline, ghost crabs danced among the trove of shells deposited by the ebbing tide.’
- ‘At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.’
- ‘Examples include territorial defense and foraging behavior of many lizards, birds, rodents, and migratory locomotion in ghost crabs.’
- ‘Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.