One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Move or work more quickly.
- ‘I could hear Sarge's exhortations: ‘Come on girls, get the lead out’.’
- ‘Your 5 minutes has already started, so you better get the lead out and start talking.’
- ‘And if he ever gets the lead out and puts the thing online we'll be linking forthwith since it's sure to be a must-read.’
- ‘As a final thought, I'd like to encourage any aspiring columnists to get the lead out and submit something.’
- ‘And if there are any bands out there drawing over one thousand kids a night, please give these guys a call - they're ready to get the lead out and rock yer body to the middle of the dance floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.