One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Move or work more quickly.
- ‘Your 5 minutes has already started, so you better get the lead out and start talking.’
- ‘And if there are any bands out there drawing over one thousand kids a night, please give these guys a call - they're ready to get the lead out and rock yer body to the middle of the dance floor.’
- ‘As a final thought, I'd like to encourage any aspiring columnists to get the lead out and submit something.’
- ‘And if he ever gets the lead out and puts the thing online we'll be linking forthwith since it's sure to be a must-read.’
- ‘I could hear Sarge's exhortations: ‘Come on girls, get the lead out’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.