One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Manage to communicate an idea clearly.
communicate, get over, put over, impart, convey, transmit, make understood, make clear, expressView synonyms
- ‘While English may be his second language, he managed to get that point across loud and clear.’
- ‘It was a simple statement, but it got the point across quite clearly.’
- ‘He clearly got the message across, because soon afterwards a listener, Adriana, rang the station to say he had won her vote.’
- ‘It's a good way to learn how to get your ideas across to someone who potentially doesn't know what you're talking about, and isn't interested anyway.’
- ‘We help people express things more clearly, get their ideas across while learning a bit more about the structure of the English language.’
- ‘Back on the streets, Chad encountered a few kids with skateboards and managed to get our intentions across to them.’
- ‘They must be able to communicate effectively in order to motivate others and get their ideas across.’
- ‘The whole idea of getting the message across through animals and relationships with people is full of subtlety.’
- ‘Last night he came across as hesitant and defensive, unable to get his points across clearly.’
- ‘Have I managed to get it across how much I love this song?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.