One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be converted to religious belief and practices.
- ‘Three lives collide after a car crash: transplant patient/mathematician Sean Penn, grieving mother Naomi Watts and Benicio del Toro as an ex-con who got religion.’
- ‘He knew she'd got religion because she'd said as much, but whatever it was, he hadn't wanted any part of it for himself.’
- ‘Others got religion or turned to booze as a way of salving their incurable ache for space.’
- ‘When he got religion, it was framed as a rejection of the rest of his career, and he had to backpedal or move on (depending on how you look at it), before he had a chance to speak to his wider audience again.’
- ‘Billboards used to ask us to get religion and go to ‘the church of [our] choice.’’
- ‘He's a fellah I was at school with who was a gardener, but he got religion so keep away from him.’
- ‘I'm hardly an authority on saints, or irony, but am I right in thinking that, before he got religion, St. Andrew was a Middle Eastern fisherman?’
- ‘They got religion, and they're going crazy and that's great.’
- ‘To her, though, it will always be the place where she got religion.’
- ‘Many people in rehab, and in defeat, get religion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.