One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Begin to participate in an activity.
- ‘It's a great thing for getting your feet wet and figuring out whether blogging is something to which you want to devote some time.’
- ‘And even holy people, who can sometimes seem a bit precious about getting their feet wet, can't keep out the commercial tide.’
- ‘Both women admit, however, that getting their feet wet in the business world was a bit of a scary venture at first.’
- ‘So I got my feet wet there and through high school, so I was very fascinated with acting as a means of expression.’
- ‘Beginning snorkelers may opt to get their feet wet in Grotto Beach's tranquil waters (take a complimentary lesson first).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.