One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
achievable, obtainable, accessible, within reach, at hand, reachable, winnable, securable, realizableView synonyms
- ‘The hotel is get-at-able both by car and other means of traffic.’
- ‘Their scrum was weak and get-at-able and their lineout was a sham.’
- ‘If the captain is not immediately get-at-able, if not in his room or on the bridge, it is then delivered to the senior officer.’
- ‘As far as I can see, both sides of all the boards are get-at-able, without having to unscrew them.’
- ‘Roosevelt was playing hard to get, testing his own theory that Stalin was ‘get-at-able.’’
- ‘The first stop surface defines a swung-out position in which the box contents are easily get-at-able through the box top, and a swung-in storage position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.