One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who has a fertilized egg from another woman implanted in her womb, so as to bear a child on behalf of the other woman.‘she recently offered to be a gestational carrier for her sister’‘their little boy, born via gestational carrier, weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces’
- ‘Egg donor mares need to be at the same point in their reproductive cycle as gestational carriers.’
- ‘Gestational carriers have no genetic relation to the baby.’
- ‘This embryo is then introduced into the womb of a surrogate mother or gestational carrier.’
- ‘She struggled to conceive, so turned to a gestational carrier.’
- ‘It is said that the couple are planning to use the same gestational carrier for baby number 2.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.