One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement in psychology founded in Germany in 1912, seeking to explain perceptions in terms of gestalts rather than by analyzing their constituents.
- ‘This is the first transegoic stage and its unfolding is associated with gestalt psychology, yoga and tai ji, to name a few.’
- ‘He was an outsider in the 30s and 40s because of his concern with gestalt psychology, and his critique of an absurd and repressive educational system and society.’
- ‘A comprehensive discussion of gestalt psychology is offered by the author.’
- ‘Usually applied to visual perception, gestalt psychology studies how we perceive a given scene and apprehend a whole that is always greater than the parts.’
- ‘Gestalt is the German word for ‘form,’ and as it applied in gestalt psychology it means ‘unified whole’ or ‘configuration.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.