One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It transformed rich black walnut, oak, cherry and other hardwoods into plain, gessoed and gilded frames.’
- ‘His highly crafted paintings consist of 30 to 50 smoothed and sanded coats of oil, graphite and pigment layered over gessoed wood.’
- ‘Other versions are realized in egg tempera on gessoed panels.’
- ‘For one thing, she painted on gessoed canvas instead of using the acrylic-soaked-into-raw-canvas method that Noland, Louis and others favored.’
- ‘In addition to the works on handmade paper, a number of gessoed panel paintings begun in the early '90s were also included in the recent drawing show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.