One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The gerrymanderers have done a very good job of picking their voters such that there are very few competitive districts.’
- ‘Without it, gerrymanderers armed with sophisticated technology and facing few real constraints could run wild, causing minority representation in Congress to shrink dramatically.’
- ‘A successful gerrymanderer begins by assuming that his party has a certain amount of support statewide; he then apportions that support strategically among individual districts.’
- ‘I must admit it does seem like a fitting end to the political career of a gerrymanderer.’
- ‘It's possible the court will find that this time the gerrymanderers in North Carolina have simply gone too far.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.