One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's possible the court will find that this time the gerrymanderers in North Carolina have simply gone too far.’
- ‘A successful gerrymanderer begins by assuming that his party has a certain amount of support statewide; he then apportions that support strategically among individual districts.’
- ‘Without it, gerrymanderers armed with sophisticated technology and facing few real constraints could run wild, causing minority representation in Congress to shrink dramatically.’
- ‘The gerrymanderers have done a very good job of picking their voters such that there are very few competitive districts.’
- ‘I must admit it does seem like a fitting end to the political career of a gerrymanderer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.