One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Alternatively, a transient seed bank may occur where there is no carry over of germinable seed from one season to the next.’
- ‘Soil collected prior to flowering did not contain germinable seed suggesting an annual dormancy/nondormancy cycle in which seed failing to germinate in the Spring become dormant again.’
- ‘An estimated 87% of dry-stored seeds were germinable for six months following dispersal, but viability of dry-stored and of buried seeds was negligible after one year.’
- ‘A large percentage of the germinable seeds of this species would likely germinate rapidly after the first hours that temperatures exceeded 17°C in the field.’
- ‘At Dixon Springs, the germinable seed bank was estimated from soil samples collected in Fall 1999 before flowering, and in the subsequent spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.