One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the language, literature, and civilization of Germany, or of Germanic languages.
- ‘Two Germanists bring the somewhat obvious emotional intensity of this cry within lyric to theoretical articulation.’
- ‘There are also Germanists and theologians on the Bach Collegium team.’
- ‘This text is a welcome and innovative appraisal of marital status as a new social category of analysis, and will spark fresh debate among gender historians, Germanists, and generalists alike.’
- ‘His analysis prompted many Germanists to rethink their conceptualization of violence and modernity as it related to the Eastern Front.’
- ‘This did not go down well with the American Germanist who in 1938 wrote one of the first reviews of Auf zwei Planeten for an English-speaking audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.