One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The final segment was introduced by the former commissioner of the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and, more germanely, General Manager of the Metropolitan Opera.’
- ‘Heidegger has no way in his thinking to meaningfully discuss the death (and more germanely, the murder) of others.’
- ‘I think both approaches are useful to understanding games, though I lean towards ludology as more germanely important.’
- ‘Even more germanely, in his essays, he condemns the appropriation of Native stories by nonAboriginal writers as well as the latter's pretence of going Native.’
- ‘Normally, taxonomies are composed by experts, as when a librarian enters a book into a catalogue and picks the keywords that most germanely identify the book.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.