Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large dog of a breed often used as guard dogs or guide dogs or for police work.
- ‘He was considering raising a motion at council to require certain breeds to be muzzled while in public, including Dobermans, German shepherds, pit bulls, and bull terriers.’
- ‘She walked past cages holding dignified German shepherds, alert Dobermans, sleek Labrador and beautiful Golden Retrievers.’
- ‘The force has up to 35 dogs at any one time including collies, Labradors and German shepherds.’
- ‘Pendle has six German shepherd dogs, three springer spaniels and a Labrador, all trained to find either humans or illegal substances.’
- ‘The dog trainer, who has worked with both Rottweilers and German shepherds for the army and police forces, insisted they were not inherently dangerous animals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.