One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for rubella
- ‘Occasional outbreaks of German measles, whooping cough, polio, and other contagious diseases prompt public health campaigns to immunize Amish children.’
- ‘By eleven, he had developed asthma, contracted German measles, suffered from bronchitis, and had his appendix removed.’
- ‘We have a tradition of associating diseases (often wrongly) with foreign parts - Dutch elm disease, German measles, Spanish flu.’
- ‘She may need to be vaccinated against the German measles.’
- ‘A survey of immunity in Australian pre-school children has found higher than expected levels of antibodies to measles and German measles (rubella).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.