One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for rubella
- ‘By eleven, he had developed asthma, contracted German measles, suffered from bronchitis, and had his appendix removed.’
- ‘A survey of immunity in Australian pre-school children has found higher than expected levels of antibodies to measles and German measles (rubella).’
- ‘She may need to be vaccinated against the German measles.’
- ‘We have a tradition of associating diseases (often wrongly) with foreign parts - Dutch elm disease, German measles, Spanish flu.’
- ‘Occasional outbreaks of German measles, whooping cough, polio, and other contagious diseases prompt public health campaigns to immunize Amish children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.