One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, brown, common indoor cockroach found worldwide.
Blatella germanica, order Dictyoptera
- ‘Researchers earlier identified the courtship chemicals used by other cockroach species, but the romance scent of the German cockroach remained elusive.’
- ‘A type of small cockroach named the German cockroach didn't exist in Shanghai until the 1980s.’
- ‘The German cockroach - Blattella germanica - one of the world's most intrusive species, likes to live indoors with us.’
- ‘The two smaller cockroaches ranging in size from ½ to 5/8 inch are the German cockroach and the brownbanded cockroach.’
- ‘They isolated a pheromone that female German cockroaches use to attract males.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.