One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cholodny proposed that ‘growth hormones play an essential role in the mechanism of the geotropic reaction’.’
- ‘Seed viability was assessed using the criterion of normal seedling development, i.e. emergence of the hypocotyl, radicle geotropic growth, and the opening of cotyledonary leaves.’
- ‘If the soil in the immediate environment is disturbed, as by excessive erosion, positive geotropic growth is stimulated within these lignotubers.’
- ‘These stem adaptations, combined with the presence of adventitious roots and negatively geotropic roots in nitrogen-fixing alders, facilitate the supply of oxygen in waterlogged soils.’
- ‘Also, fresh cut tulips are geotropic and phototropic, meaning that their growth is affected by gravity and light, respectively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.