Any of the almost spherical concentric regions of matter that make up the earth and its atmosphere, as the lithosphere and hydrosphere.
- ‘The nature and magnitude of the exchanges between the geosphere and the Earth's other surficial spheres have changed considerably in historical times.’
- ‘Geochemical interaction between the geosphere, hydrosphere and the biosphere depends partly on sorption processes and partly on chemical speciation.’
- ‘The geosphere or rocky Earth formed from collisions of planetoids.’
- ‘The lithosphere is the rigid outermost layer of the geosphere.’
- ‘The transformation of the biosphere seemed to be as slow as the transformation of the geosphere.’