One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The physics of the earth.
- ‘Most crustal rocks of interest to exploration geophysics are either inherently anisotropic or behave as anisotropic materials when sampled by seismic waves.’
- ‘Potential drilling sites are located using 3D seismic data and a deep understanding of geology and geophysics.’
- ‘The paper cited here uses a combination of computational biology and geophysics to attack the problem.’
- ‘By 1960, a discrete version of these equations was being extensively used in electrical engineering and geophysics, their use continuing until the present day.’
- ‘The extremely deep investigations of Tikhonov into a number of general problems in mathematical physics grew out of his interest in geophysics and electrodynamics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.