One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the physical features of the surface of the earth and their relation to its geological structures.
- ‘Morphotectonics requires input from at least three branches of Earth science: geophysics, geology, and geomorphology.’
- ‘The Zagros is an example of a young and active orogenic belt where geomorphology and seismicity provide invaluable constraints on the style of deformation, in ways not possible with ancient, inactive orogens.’
- ‘Professional geologists and amateur rock hunters flocked to the White Mountains, regarded as a superb site for the study of geomorphology.’
- ‘He met the Director of the Pennsylvania Geological Survey, a prominent geologist with a special interest in fluvial geomorphology.’
- ‘The western tip of the South Alkyonides Fault is exposed in the surface geology and geomorphology of the Perachora Peninsula.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.