One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of numbers or quantities in geometric progression.
- ‘These properties produce an arithmetical and geometrical series at the same time.’
- ‘All geometrical series whose ratio is less than 1 are convergent, while all geometrical series whose ratio is greater than 1 are divergent.’
- ‘It would require more than five hundred terms to carry the arithmetical series to the point which, in the geometrical series, is reached in ten terms.’
- ‘If fertility and adult survival rate are constant, then the Euler sum is a finite geometrical series and can be calculated.’
- ‘Because every rational number can be expressed as the sum of an infinite geometrical series, we can be sure the common ratio of the series is in there somewhere, but how do we find it?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.